Here is a satisfying dessert for all you Oreo lovers. Prepare to be amazed by this sweet and crunchy dessert. Just imagine an Oreo pie crust filled with an ice cream and Cool Whip filling.
This recipe is not only delicious but very easy to make. The best thing about the recipe is that it only requires four ingredients: Oreos, ice cream, Cool Whip and melted butter. If you have a sweet tooth, treat yourself to an amazing, simple dessert.
Prep and Decorating Time: 25 minutes
Overall Time: 4 hours, 25 minutes
1 stick of melted butter
1 cup of crushed Oreos (you can add more if you like)
8 ounces of original Cool Whip
1 pack of Oreos
1 cup of Oreo pieces (break the cookies into quarters)
1 pint of ice-cream (I prefer Haagen Daz, and leave out until it’s workable)
Step One: The Crust
1. Combine the melted butter and crushed Oreos and mix them lightly.
2. Pour the mix into the pan. While doing so, spread the mixture evenly around the corners, so that everything is covered.
3. When finished, put the crust in the fridge to firm up for about 10 minutes.
Step Two: The Filling (You can do this while the crust is in the refrigerator!)
1. Add the ice-cream, Cool Whip and Oreo pieces together in a bowl and stir until everything is evenly incorporated.
2. Take the pie crust out of the refrigerator and add the cream mixture over the crust.
3. Spread evenly and let the pie sit in the freezer for about 4 hours.
Step Three: Decorating and Tasting
1. When the pie is done freezing up, take it out and add the remaining of the Oreo cookies on top of the pie for decoration.
2. Optional: I like to fancy things up and decorate pies with a piping bag. To make your dessert look more appealing, you can get a piping bag and a star tip at a restaurant supply store, fill the bag with cool whip and get creative.
3. Lastly get a fork and a knife and cut a slice for yourself. Enjoy!
By Jennifer Joselin